A TorahTutors student learned a Mishna in Pirkei Avot (5:7) with clear relevance to daily communication skills.
The Mishna says that a wise person:
- doesn’t answer on behalf of someone older or wiser
- doesn’t interrupt when someone else is speaking
- thinks before they answer
- asks relevant questions and answers accordingly
- responds in an orderly manner
- admits when they haven’t heard something
- knows how to admit when they’re wrong
Whether learning in school, talking at home, or with friends, these tips will ensure that people will want to engage you in conversation – and that the conversations will be productive for all sides.
A Tuesday TorahTutors tidbit: real Torah, from real TorahTutors sessions…with real applications for real life.